Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Is the Silence really being Broken?

We may not always know when the Silence is being Broken...don't let that slow you down from all the work that you do!

Trust me. . . day in and day out the work that I do, I know is paying off! I talk to so many students every day and usually I never know if I've helped break the silence. Of course, many of them do disclosure abuse, but often I never know the full outcome of their case. Yesterday was different!

I was informed personally how my presentation helped Break the Silence for one student. She is happy and safe. I obviously am not going to go into full detail here, but just know talking to people, letting them know there is a safe place to go, there are people willing to help, etc., can make all the difference in the world for a LOT of people!

DON'T STOP TALKING!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Diann,

That is just too awesome for words! I'm so proud of and inspired by you. I get so scared when I think of standing up in front of a crowd or large group of strangers. A group of 5 is one thing. That I can do. 20 is quite another, lol!

*Squish*

~ Joanna

P'tit Boo said...

Diann,

I am so proud of you !!!
That is awesome.