Sunday, March 2, 2008

Honor thy Angels - Even with Road Blocks

Even Angels sometimes hit roadblocks...

Some days it feels as if NO ONE is listening....then there are the days that eyes are WIDE OPEN...Remember those days especially - the good days! Remember both are important, however. You will have both my friends, you will have both.

I am so freakin' frustrated sometimes that I just want to give up on spreading the word and educating about awareness of sexual assault. . . but then I remember why I was put on this earth.

We have a job to do, and we are one of many that were chosen to do that job. I have wings and I am going to SOAR until He decides it is time for me to rest my voice. Period. People are going to try and get in our way. People are going to blame the victim. Until they are educated.

We also have to advocate for victims because many of them feel guilty, they feel threatened, or they are children and have no voice! Maybe it's their parents that are their perps...We have to educate children and adults that people care about them, they have safe places they can go, what is being done to them isn't right, they can report it! DON'T GIVE UP!!!

Angels are chosen...there is a reason why they are called ANGELS...Honor it...

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Thanks for the inspiration Diann. You ROCK!

*Squish*

~ Joanna

experience courage with Janet said...

Diann - I like how you said that we are all here for a reason and we need to remember it! I forget sometimes, but more often than forgetting, I do remember and I feel humble by the purpose.